1) Talk to your school counselor - School counselors can help you focus on your goals and personal needs, and more importantly, they have credible information regarding different types of schools.
2) Skim through schools - Contact more than one school. More options entails better flexibility.
3) Visit the school - Contact the school and schedule a tour of the campus. It is important for a potential student to feel comfortable in his/her future environment, if ever he/she decides to push through with that school.
4) Ask questions - Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask the school about their retention and graduate rates. It will give you a better idea of the quality of education that is available in that school.
5) Check the cost - Make sure that the school will provide a detailed list of its tuition and fees. This will help you gain control over your finances and will enable you to assess your total educational cost.
6) Call these numbers - Contact the nearest Better Business Bureau, state higher education agency, or consumer protection division of your state attorney generalâ€™s office in order to find out whether there have been any complaints about the school. You can also contact the Department of Educationâ€™s Federal Student Aid Information Center (1-800-4-FED-AID) if you have any questions about your financial aid at the school you're interested in.
7) Inspector Generalâ€™s Hotline - If you suspect fraud, waste, or abuse involving federal student aid in a particular school, call the Inspector Generalâ€™s Hotline at 1-800-MIS-USED.
With so many schools to choose from, finding the perfect one for you could take a really long and enduring time. With the services offered by the Federal Student Aid, perhaps the process will become more bearable and much more rewarding.
To know more about the services offered by the Federal Student Aid, visit their official website at http://studentaid.ed.gov.
7 Steps Towards Choosing The Perfect College
Back to Page 1
About The Author
Michael Saunders is an editor of TopGovernmentGrants.com one the the most comprehensive Websites offering information on government grants and federal government programs.
EU-Startups features 10 success stories about social enterprises across Europe making positive, social impact while making money at the same time.